Sunday, November 2, 2008

Sewing Caddy for a Friend

I decided to make a sewing caddy for a friend's birthday. This lovely lady makes beautiful quilts and her fabric choices are impeccable. She is particularly fond of traditional American prints.

Christine Book's delightful design was just the ticket. Here's Christine's version...


I chose a red, white and blue theme to acknowledge her American heritage and dyed the osnaburg with Parisienne essence to *age* the fabric. Unfortunately, I lost the pattern sheet for this project and had to draft it myself (after the intial panic subsided).




Sadly, I wont be able to include all the sewing accesories when I post it as it may trouble the post office. I'm sure my friend will delight in adding her own personal touches. I would love to see her face when she opens the parcel. I do hope she likes it.

Happy Stitching...Ann :)

15 comments:

  1. What a delightful little sewing caddy - I'm sure your friend will be so pleased to receive it ... it will come in so handy...you can never have enough!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ann, Love your little caddy. Can you please tell me where you found this pattern? Was it in a magazine recently, it looks familiar?? Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a lovely caddy. Your friend will have a smail a mile wide when she opens the package.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Ann, you've done a fantastic job! I'm sure the recipient will love it. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ann, I know...any excuse to wear a hat,thanks for your very kind words ... especially about JoJo's hat ... she just was so thrilled with it all ...Dzintra

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ann,

    I really like this caddy. It is very sweet. You'll never know to look at it when it is folded up, what is inside.

    Your friend should surely like it. You've done a wonderful job.

    -Alice

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh ann...it's wonderful.
    i absolutely adore it.
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thats a delightful little gift could you tell me how to get a copy of the pattern you have done a lovely job of it

    ReplyDelete
  9. So nice! I see I am not alone wanting a pattern to make this for myself...can you share where to get it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Me too, Ann!! This is a delightful gift,from you to your friend.

    I would love to know where you found the pattern.

    Thanks:) Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Me encanta tu trabajo, como todas me encantarĂ­a conseguir los patrones, \¿viene en alguna revista?, mi correo es susiwarmi@gmail.com, gracias.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute pattern, is it yours and is it possible to sign up to receive your blog by email? if so sign me up at victimlewis at hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this, is there a pattern available to purchase?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Would also like pattern if you would like to share or where to purchase??

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by.