Sunday, January 11, 2009

A Tisket A Tasket - 12 Months of Baskets



This free Block of the Month is being offered by Anne Sutton from Bunny Hill Designs. Click on the image or any of the links to obtain the details and download the pattern and instructions. Anne is posting completed blocks on her blog.

Here is my version of the first block.



Now when it comes to applique, I usually prefer to machine or blanket stitch. So this is a big stretch and I'm not reknowned for my embroidery skills. With a bit of luck and application I might just improve both.

I think it will be a nice little project that I can take to work and stitch in my lunch break. I wonder what next month's blog will be.

Thanks Anne for offering this project and to Rachel at p.s. i quilt (where I first found out about it).


7 comments:

  1. A tisket a tasket...what a cute basket!!!I am so inspired by all the BOM's here in blogland Ann and the generosity of it all. I think I'm going to start a Gail Pan one this week...Have a lovely week and lots of fun lunchtime stitching...Dzintra

    ReplyDelete
  2. i don't mean to tell you guys to add to your lists...it just happens.
    hahaha.

    your block is SUPER cute ann!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! My name is Jennie, and I am in both the One Project a Month challenge and the Bunny Hill Designs BOM! I love your block- it's so cute! Did you join the Flickr group? It's so fun to go and see all the blocks that are done already!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely, just lovely!!!! I am thinking this would be a sweet stitchery too.
    Maybe with so much going on we can stay motivated and help each other to stay on track!!;-)
    Lola

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ann,

    Looks to me you will be quite busy this upcoming year, with the different projects you are involved with.

    You go girl! I look forward to seeing your progress.

    -Alice

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet little block, I think your skills are definitely up to the task!

    When I was working in the bank ('which bank?' ;D) I used to take sewing or knitting to do at lunchtime, it was a great midday de-stress. Nowadays I go blogging instead!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your little block is so sweet Ann, I to have made this block, I must take a photo.

    Love Leanne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by.