Saturday, January 16, 2016

raindrops

This Way and That Way by Jodi Nelson from Pleasant Home
Disappointingly, the pattern for this quilt is no longer available. That's a shame because it's designed for 16 jelly roll strips - which is exactly how many I have.

Apologies to The Pyjama Game . . . with a pencil and a pad I figured it out!  At least I hope I have. I've cut out the fabric now, so there's no going back. 

I'm using the delightfully cute fabric from Riley Blake's The Little Ark purchased from the Fabric Pixie.






Given how much rain we've had the last couple of weeks, I may be building an ark soon myself.



8 comments:

  1. So Cute! A very cheerful quilt coming right up! Glad for you that you've had rain although I know from experience that "too much rain" is a pain. Hope it's cooler with all the rain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! I do believe you got it figured out with your pencil and paper. Your fabrics are so cute! Rainy days make good sewing days; get after it, girl! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is darling fabric! And goo for you to figure it out. We might need an ark here too. It is raining cats & dogs right now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are too, too funny, Ann....an ark indeed! How about I send you up some of Tassie's sunshine. Those fabrics are delightful. I love the colours and the patterns are so very cute. What a fun quilt this will be.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those bright colors! Those shades of blue are my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your colours Ann, very nice. Can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such cute fabrics! And my feeling is that if you show a quilt on the internet and someone can figure out how to make it without buying your pattern...well...someone figured it out. (So long as you aren't telling us how to make it as well, of course.) I've done that a time or two myself, but I've been quilting for long enough that I remember when you saw a quilt you liked and then drafted it yourself. Of course I buy patterns now and again (having yardage requirements handy is always a plus - and there's always the inspiration factor), but I still know how to do it the "hard" way! It's going to be an adorable quilt and I like your fabrics better than theirs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good old pencil and paper! It's going to look lovely in your fabrics. I hope the rain lets up before you need the ark...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by.