Sunday, January 15, 2017

purple


I've been watching the Rainbow Scrap Challenge for a while now and you know what?  I fancy giving it a go this year.

Frankly, I'll never get through the stash if I don't make a start. 

It's hosted by So Scrappy and she has been running it for a few years now. Deb A over at VTQuilter has definitely been an inspiration.  She has made some fabulous quilts over the years. I found her blog via canuckquilter. Of course, I'm not in their league - they are both amazing quilters.

Back to the RSC Challenge for 2017. . . 

Each month a colour is announced and you make one or several blocks in that colour. One block a month will do me and I'm using a pattern called Handy Andy designed by Janelle Noack which was published in Homespun (June 2013).

Homespun Magazine ~ June 2013
Here are the RSC 2017 Challenge colours

RED
ORANGE
YELLOW
GREEN
AQUA
BLUE
PURPLE 
PINK
DARK (BLACK/BROWN) 
LIGHT NEUTRALS
MIXED COLOURS

The colour for January is Purple and here is my first block. Measures 10.5 inches.


You can read more about the challenge at So Scrappy here and I'm linking up.



11 comments:

  1. Lookin good! I haven't seen much from you, so this is wonderful! You guys are almost making me want to join...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great block for the RSC! So pretty in purple!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty quilt pattern. I love your first block; the purple is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful block - you're off and running!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great way to make the RSC your own!! Choosing a pattern from your stash of books or magazines to sew blocks in a rainbow of colors is good thinking. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is very pretty! I think it is a fun challenge, but I'm not going to participate. I have enough going on already. Good luck with it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a beautiful block, showing off the color in contrast with the white. So glad you found us and I hope you will have fun joining in. There's no pressure of deadlines, which is great. One person (like me) makes a few blocks a month and someone else actually makes a few quilts a month. So welcome, it's a fun place.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to see you again! Your chosen pattern is a pretty one, and your first purple block looks great. I won't be joining in, but I will be watching everyone's progress. Have fun with it! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely quilt! Welcome to the party.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great challenge!! Don't you love this time of year, with all the challenges? I'm already decluttering, canning and reading the classics. I should do this one because I have more fabric than I can ever use!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a great choice for RSC. I'm going to look forward to seeing your blocks each month. We can keep each other on track!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by.