Sunday, March 12, 2017

red


Red is the Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2017 colour for March. One of the bonuses of joining in on this challenge is seeing all the amazing blocks (and eventually quilts) others are making. So much inspiration. I'm looking forward to next month's colour reveal.


Meanwhile, work continues on the baby quilt. Once this top is finished, I will have to set up the other sewing machine to quilt this and the other baby quilt. Unfortunately, I don't have room for both machines to operate at the same time but I am looking at modifying the setup so that both machines can be in use.

This is the main sewing table which faces East and overlooks a small garden.



This is the side wall. I'd like to re work this corner with a wrap around (L-shaped) work space but not lose the shelving. Maybe an office work station would fit the bill.  This room is also due for a re-paint. These are old photos of the room, the Austrian blinds were removed a few years ago and replaced with a sun-block blind. Not as pretty, but more efficient at keeping out the heat.



11 comments:

  1. Your red block is beautiful. Good luck with the reorganization. Sounds like you have some great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the red block! And your sewing area looks SOOOO inviting!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your red and white block is so pretty, love all the reds in there! Have fun rearranging your sewing space. Your ideas sound good. I also have a very small space for sewing but it works. The baby quilt is precious. Love all the fabrics in it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a pretty pattern for those little red and white fabrics! I love it! Your plan for rearrangement sounds good to me. You'll get it all figured out. I love my east window; can't believe I've never had a blind or curtain; however, for shade, there's enough dirt and feathers on the glass where the dove fly into the windows! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the red and white block and the baby quilt is coming along nicely. It is always a fun thing to re-arrange one's sewing room. It will be wonderful to have your two sewing machines up and ready to stitch. Your spot by the sunny window overlooking the garden sounds so very pleasant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your red block. Your making great progress on your baby quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty RED block for the RSC!! Best of luck on the room redo and getting those baby quilts done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute block! You always do such precise work! I too need to rework the sewing room so both my machines can be set up, think I have too much furniture in there but I can't decide what should go. Was so spoiled by my last studio, sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great red block! Sounds like some good ideas for organizing your sewing room.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the block! Good luck with your set up for 2 machines. That would be nice, so you can either piece or sew without having to change machines.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow you are busy. I love the red and white block.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by.