Saturday, April 1, 2017

multi


April's Rainbow Scrap Challenge is Multi and while Angela meant multi-coloured fabric, I thought I would make a multi-fabric block.

Which gives me an idea but more about that another time.

Not much sewing happened last week - lots of chores and errands to run but I have some time off work in a couple of weeks so I'm hoping to make a dent in a few projects.

I did manage to make another Civil War block. I think this one is called Album.


I'm also leaning towards Block of the Week 2017 - aren't Love's blocks marvellous?! Those little 6 inch blocks would work well in the quilt and use up all the small scraps.

I might not be making them weekly though as I already have enough projects on the go but I could do a few at a time.

My thoughts are with all those in Queensland and Northern NSW whose lives have been so badly affected by Cyclone Debbie and the dreadful weather she brought with her.

Many families have lost everything - homes, businesses, crops, pets and lots of infrastructure - and here I was whining about a few weeks of rain. . . 


14 comments:

  1. The weather indeed has been causing havoc once again. It is so sad when people lose homes and everything they own, when cities lose important infrastructure. On a happier note, your two blocks are lovely. I especially like the different coloured fabrics and patterns in the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea for this months challenge. I may just use it. Your block looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your blocks! We all complain about weather, but losing everything is very sad. We've had a record breaking rainy winter, but the last couple days were sunny, so that's good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your blocks too. I'm fond of civil war fabrics plus so many others. It's difficult to choose a favorite so we must try to use them all!
    Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog. Oddly, I haven't received it also in my email inbox, only on my blog, so was unable to send a reply via email. It was regarding the little bag I made for my grand-niece.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well you're off to a roaring start this month! I've just now discovered the color choice (and am scratching my head whether it will work with my small cats?) and you've got your block done! After a few more chores today (taking a short break just now), I hope to get into my sewing room!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely new blocks! Those ideas can be quite pesky and result in yet another project! Stay dry!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your interpretation of Multi! Your block is beautiful! Love all the scrappy colors together. I like your CW block, too, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your MULTICOLORED block for the RSC turned out beautifully!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your Multicolor block! Your Civil War block is really pretty too; love those fabrics! I was surprised to see your link to my blog; thanks (I think). When I heard of the bad weather there, I thought of you, then realized it was not in your immediate area, thank goodness. Seems like weather has been severe everywhere! Stay safe, and keep quiting. ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your multi-coloured geese block is a great idea, I need to look at my scraps and see what I can come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I saw that on the news. So glad it did not effect you. Love your multicolored block for the challenge. A great use of colors.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your multi coloured block is just perfect. Great civil war block too. I keep doing 6" sampler blocks too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like your interpretation of multi-color. I think I'll do the same!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by.