Sunday, June 11, 2017

yellow

You guessed it! YELLOW is the colour for June in the RSC 2017 Challenge. There are so many wonderful blocks being made for this quilt-a-long.


Canuck Quilter's butterflies escaped into the garden and I'm in awe of so many other RSC creations.

I'm linking up with SoScrappy's Saturday.

Also found time to make another Civil War style block. This one is called Jack in the Box.

I'm saving all the offcuts and leftovers from these blocks to make smaller blocks - maybe some of the Moda Blockheads?

I saw them used as the centre of Ohio Star blocks and I quite like the idea.  Looks like I've got some catching up to do!


13 comments:

  1. Your yellow block is beautiful!! And your Civil was block looks great too! Your making great progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful blocks! I like the idea of using one block as the center of another. Go for it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your yellow block is really pretty; I love that pattern too! The CW war block is great too! At first sight, it reminded me of one of my Block Busters blocks, but no, it's not the same. You'd think I'd know that! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  4. 12 HSTs in YELLOW brought together with sashing and a cornerstone to form a BEAUTIFUL block. Nice work!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both blocks are great! The HST blocks will make a beautiful quilt. I've never made that CW block but I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both your blocks are lovely. Your yellow is so bright and cheery. I do marvel at all those perfect points. I had a little peek at Canuck Quilter's garden; those butterflies are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both blocks are great, but I really love the Jack in the Box!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your,yellow block is great with the bits of lime and gold giving it a,lot of sparkle. The other block looks very imposing, strong and soldierly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely blocks, as usual! Stay warm and dry and stitch on!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that yellow block, so pretty. The civil war one is very pretty, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh...I just noticed...thank you for the link to my website too

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by.